March 16, 2010

FEBRUARY 10, 2010











Sunday was beautiful, although we didn't do much but walk around, because most stuff was closed. When we first left we ran into the police force's marching band. I love marching bands; it made me think of Mardi Gras. Mitch Landrieu just won the mayoral election in New Orleans and THE SAINTS WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!! I wanted to watch it but was too tired to stay up until 2 to see just the beginning.

There was some sort of children's carnival going on and all of the little kids were dressed up in costumes and throwing confetti at each other.

Monday we went to Tivoli to see Hadrian's Villa. It was pretty amazing and was a beautiful day. I like to imagine what it must have been like when it was in full glory. I think my drawing is getting a little better, if only slightly.


Yesterday we we went to:

- Tempietto (saw the "Flagellation" and some cool mosaics
- St Peter's (a little disappointing overall but I did like the Pieta by Michelangelo)

Today we went to Piazza di Spagna. There were some Caravaggio paintings there that were very beautiful including "The Crucification of St. Peter" and the one about Saul

I should say also that I can barely walk right now because both of my knees are shot. I have no idea what is going on, all I know is that it is incredibily painful. I'm going to the American hospital in Rome. Emily is going with me. I could take a few buses, but I might just get a cab because it is easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment