March 16, 2010

FEBRUARY 3, 2010










Today we went to four different churches. To be honest, after a while they all blend together. San Andrea del Quirinale, San Andrea del Valle, San Carlino, San Sebastione. My favorite was San Carlino, just because it was so tiny and white and pretty with an interesting shape. It also had a nice courtyard. It seems like it would be a no-brainer but I've realized that using a softer lead pencil is better for sketching. I am trying my hardest not to get caught up in details when drawing because it just isn't practical.

For lunch, Emily, Julian, Martin, and I went to this place called Bierro Perino. It was very good, I got arugula and prosciutto on top of mozzarella. I didn't eat most of the cheese though, there was probably enough to go on top of an entire pizza. We also got a pitcher of some local beer for the table. I think I am going to be very sick of bread, cheese, and pasta by the time I leave. Afterwards we got gelato!

When we went back to the convent, we did some gestural drawing excercises as a class. You only got two minutes to draw each person's pose. It was good for me to not think so much and just feel it out; I hope we do something like it again. They didn't even come out that badly. Then it was relaxation time, which consisted of a bath for Emily and reading and a nap for me.

We had dinner at the concent. It is 5 euro for a full course meal plus wine, and it's pretty good. Also, if we eat here most nights than we can splurge a little on a nice dinner out. Emily and I went out walking looking for a bar that was in one of the guide books, but we couldn't find it so we got a couple of beers and sat by the fountains in Piazza Farnese, part of which used to be in the ancient public baths of Caracalla.

No comments:

Post a Comment