March 16, 2010

FEBRUARY 16, 2010










So much for writing everyday. And to be real I am only writing now because I am waiting for the bathtub. I am just so tired when I finally have time that all I can do is lounge around and then fall asleep.

The hospital was okay, the doctor prescribed me some "killer pains". I told him I already had some of those and I'd like some pain killers.

Friday we went to Villa Borghese which was unreal. Bernini's sculptures have definitely been my favorite thing in Rome. They are so beautiful any picture does not do them justice. My favorite was the "Rape of Persephone". My favorite Caravaggio painting was the one of the sickly Bacchus, and I also liked Titian's "A Sacred and Profane Love". We also went to Villa Giulia which was not terribly interesting to me, and my knees were killing me.

Saturday Emily and I ate lunch in the Jewish Quarter. I got mussels and fried artichoke as an appetizer. I also talked for a little bit with this French couple sitting next to us. They were surprised when I started speaking French to them.

Sunday we went to the Spanish Steps because I saw these really cute shoes on sale. We took a bus there, and then I had to walk down all of the steps (an ordeal because I can only walk down one at a time). When we got there, the shoes were no longer there so we went back to the convent. We spent most of the weekend walking around and relaxing.

Yesterday we went to the ruins of the Caracalla Baths. It was a nice day and we spend a few hours drawing there. Drawing is still frustrating, but I am trying hard just to do what I can. We also went to San Giovanni and San Clementino (so tiny!).

Today we went to the crypt of this church that was completely decorated with human bones. It was kind of creepy but sooooo weird and awesome. Of course you're not allowed to take pictures of it (likewise with all of the REALLY cool things)

Also last night we went out to get Indian food, which was delicious (I've never really like Indian food before).

No comments:

Post a Comment