March 16, 2010

FEBRUARY 19, 2010






Yesterday we went to the Coliseum, and drew for a while. I ate lunch with Donald, Dan, Emily, and Lambros, which was nice, especially because the weather was so nice. We also saw a statue of Moses by Michelangelo in St. Peter in Chains. It was alright, but now I can only compare sculptures to those of Bernini. We walked home (my knees are feeling a little better) and then we had drawing class on the roof of the convent. We started our final project, which was to design a church in the Baroque style. I didn't really finish mine because we weren't given enough time (the project started out as a joke). I am currently waiting my turn for a critique.

Today we went to the house of a Prinicipessa (by marriage), which has been in her husband's family for centuries. they are currently doing restoration, but it was still interesting, and there was a Caravaggio painting on one of the ceilings. Tomorrow is Emily's birthday, so we are going out to a little restaurant to celebrate. I am leaving at 4 in the morning and have an anxious feeling. I guess I don't really want to go back to school, but it's happening whether I want it to or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment